The Periodic Table - Personified! {FREEBIE}

If you haven't noticed yet, I am a Science teacher who loves artistic things!  So when I found this last year I felt a part of my life was complete :)

The facts provide the source of personification. Source.
Check out the elements of the Periodic Table personified into beautiful illustrations.  Not only that, but the personification is based upon a fact about that element.  This is WAY more exciting than the "pick an element and tell me these things about it" assignment.  

How is great is this to introduce the Periodic Table of Elements?  It's AWESOME!  
I've used it with my Grade 9 students when they are just starting to study Chemistry and they find it so interesting.  

Flash cards on Etsy.  Link.
KcDStudios on Etsy is also selling flash cards of these illustrations.  What a great, fun way to learn about the elements.  Think of the "I have, who has" possibilities, comparing the trends of families of elements with a deck of flash cards.  I've got to get my hands on these... hint, hint Mr. Brosseau ;)
Flash cards on Etsy.  Link.
I love how Kaycie didn't stop after 20 elements or didn't just focus on the popular elements.  There are 112: from Hydrogen to Copernicium!  What an incredible feat for such a talented artist!  I would love to see these as posters or magnets as well.

Now for the freebie:
With Kaycie's permission I've taken my PowerPoint and made it available on my TpT shop. It's programmed to move through the slides automatically, so you don't have to click 112 times.  Expect them to be riveted for about 4-5 minutes as the slideshow plays and they meet these new "characters" in a whole new way.
Here are some samples of the slides:





Check it out and visit KcDStudios on Etsy and leave us some love if you like what you see!

1 comment